Bed Bugs Treatment Step by Step:
To start, without a doubt there is a lot one can do to for bed bugs treatment without using toxic chemicals. The procedure you will want to use is determined by several factors for example the seriousness and range of infestation. Even though there are a number of methods that may help you control bed bugs, you, as a homeowner, would be wise to strive for total elimination of this nasty insect. There are ways to safely do is. The article will go over a few bed bugs treatment options, which may help you eliminate these insects both permanently and safely.
One of the first things you should do is determine whether or not you actually have a bed bugs infestation. There isn’t any conclusive way to differentiate between bites made by bed bugs and bite marks made by some other insects such as mosquitoes.
3 Signs of a Bed Bugs Infestation
To help make certain that you have a bed bugs problem the following 3 tell-tale signs are relatively accurate:
- Notice if there are distinct red fecal blotches and markings left from the bedbugs on clothing, bed sheets or your mattresses.
- Search for eggs or shed skin from molting, especially inside crevices.
- For precise identification capture one of the suspected bed bugs to be compared to research images. A quick search on Google Images can turn up pictures you can use to compare.
After the infestation is determined, an effective bed bugs treatment may begin and is recommended. This will include a number of procedures carried out all at once or individually. The following are a few general tips to help you deal with bed bugs.
10 General Non-Toxic Bed Bugs Treatment Tips
- Among the first steps must be to keep bats and birds away from your house. These nests these creatures inhabit nests can host bed bugs, just as our houses can – so if you happen to be a nature lover, unfortunately that may be the reason bed bugs are in your house in the first place.
- Any avoidable clutter inside your home needs to be removed so the number of hiding spots accessible to bed bugs are decreased.
- Items inside you home need to be examined, cleaned, and when necessary treated with an all-natural, non-toxic insecticide.
- Bed fabrics and other clothing that shows indications of infestation should also be taken care of. If these are reusable, they need to be washed with soap and very hot water. In case they can’t be washed for whatever reason, they ought to be put in a dryer at the hottest temperature. You could also place them in direct sunlight outside for a few days.
- Furnishings can also be put in the sunshine for a few days after carefully cleansing them first. Putting these items outdoors for around 2 weeks during wintertime can attain equivalent bed bugs treatment results.
- Carpeting, rugs and similar items may be steam-cleaned to get rid of any remaining bed bugs.
- Right after removing the furnishings and clothing, your home needs to be looked over and vacuumed. Address any potential bed bug hiding spots first so that you don’t miss any.
- After vacuuming the bag should be closed and disposed off.
- Next an all-natural, non-toxic insecticide with a proven success rate must be sprayed on all areas where there have been indications of bed bugs.
- Soon after spraying, unneeded cracks and holes ought to be caulked carefully so they are not used again to breed new bugs.
Bed Bug Treatments For Your Mattress
The main place to watch out for bed bugs is of course inside or close to your mattress. In addition to the revealing bite marks someone finds after sleeping, tiny dark spots and dead casings are indicators these particular insects exist.
Bed bugs treatments for a mattress should involve vacuuming the vicinity in and around your mattress, thoroughly. Make use of a high quality vacuum and concentrate on the following locations:
- The flooring, carpeting and walls near the bed, expand the range to around 8 or 9 feet all around your bed
- Also thoroughly vacuum your mattress, your box spring, and your bed frame
- Wash each of the bed linens in super hot water. If you use a dryer, dry them on very high heat.
- Use a firm brush to scrub your mattress completely to remove eggs. Give attention to every area especially the seams in the mattress.
- Even though it can be a fire hazard and thus not advised, another bed bugs treatment is applying alcohol to the mattress. This should be carried out with extreme care along with expert guidance.
A thoroughly clean mattress doesn’t mean that you are done dealing with bed bugs. Treatment for other areas of your home may also be required.
Non-Chemical Bed Bugs Treatment
Some popular bed bugs treatment involves:
- Application of all natural non-toxic pesticides, particularly products designed for bed bugs treatment and safe mattress use.
- Wrapping your mattress with plastic or using cloth mattress covers, trapping bed bugs.
- Working with a steam vapor cleaner on the mattress and flooring to destroy any remaining bed bugs.
Make sure there aren’t any bed bugs left. If the bed bugs treatment is not complete, an individual can risk yet another infestation regardless of the other precautions taken. Every area of your house has to be treated to completely mitigate the risk of another infestation.
Prevention Is The Best Bed Bugs Treatment
The very best bed bugs treatment is of course prevention. When you are mindful of the predominant factors of how bed bugs function, you can easily prevent your house from becoming infested by bed bugs. Tried and tested steps including the following are very useful to avoid needing bed bugs treatment in the first place.
When vacationing in hotels or any other unfamiliar slumbering area, examine the bed, its adjoining areas, carpeting, flooring, and walls. Be cautious of:
- Darkish waste spots close to the bed.
- Scurrying bed bugs. Generally they are present in small crevices or beneath the box spring or mattress.
- Discarded skin and casings of bed bugs.
You will also want to check used furnishings or bedding prior to taking them into your house. Nearly all, pre-owned furniture does not undergo any type of bed bugs treatment and might transport these insects inside.
Other Tips for Travelers
- Keep luggage closed while traveling.
- Make use of a firm brush and brush your suitcase before leaving your accommodations.
- If possible, putting the luggage higher than the floor and close to a warm bright place is suggested.
- Wear and sleep in clothes that cover as much skin as they can to prevent being bitten.
- Ensure you wash your clothes completely in very hot water before placing them back in the dresser at home.
Back at home, an efficient method to help prevent bed bugs is to use a steam cleaner as often as possible. Whenever possible, work with a steam cleaner to completely clean the mattress and floor. Steam eliminates these insects and is a very effective bed bugs treatment.
Decrease clutter throughout the area to reduce spots where bed bugs can hide.
Always be sure to use a vacuum cleaner when cleaning up the room. Make certain all accumulated waste is correctly disposed of.
With a little perseverance and the right bed bugs treatment you can successfully rid yourself of these pesky bed, or even prevent inviting them into your home in the first place.
What are some of the more intense bed bug treatment?
Depending on the severity of the infestation you could look at trying to control the situation yourself or go all out and have a professional team do the job for you. What will sway you is if the infestation is just affecting one room or the entire house. If it is just one room for example your bedroom then a number of procedures will need to take place. Time consuming it will be but you will hopefully find the root of the problem. It is no easy task trying to rid a room or an entire house of bed bugs as it may be difficult to find where they are hanging out and if they are travelling to various rooms what is the route that they are taking. One good thing going for you if they are travelling is that they cannot fly they have no wings and they cannot jump either they walk along whatever route they can.
The only way to avoid them from transferring to the other room in the house is to find where they are in one of the rooms and disinfect the room entirely. If the bugs have been found to be in the mattress then buy a mattress protector if you cannot afford to buy a new mattress. The idea is to contain the situation right away. If they are in the mattress and you will know upon examination of the mattress if you have found them in the seams and creases of the mattress chances are they are in the entire mattress so covering it up will cause the bugs to suffocate but you must leave the mattress on for a whole year as this is how long they live for. With the use of a mattress protector you will not get bitten again as they are not able to get through the material of the protector. Once the mattress is contained then check the rest of the room as the bugs may have decided to nest elsewhere depending on how big the infestation is. By checking all other areas in the room where you might feel they could nest it is a good idea to wash everything down with Clorox bleach or rubbing alcohol. If they are somewhere else in the room then these products will kill them instantly. But if you have washed everything down it will also act as a deterrent for these bugs to go climbing, especially on you at night.
If there are other bedrooms which are infested do the same thing with these rooms including getting a mattress protector. It is an exhausting job to take on and you might feel that the actual route of how the bugs are travelling is a difficult one. Professional extermination companies may be the answer but they are expensive and can take up to an entire month to get the job done. They will treat each room and will require further visits checking in with you see if there has been biting action since they began their work. Once completed by a professional company the house is clean again and probably well worth spending the dollars on. Avoiding bed bugs is going to be the next issue for any householder who have just had a good clean out. Adhering to the various do’s and don’ts with your family explaining how bed bugs travel and how they can hitch a ride from one place to the next is important for all to understand. By not getting luggage or clothing infected by adhering to certain rules will help to keep your house bug free. https://allbedbugs.com is a great link towards how to deal with pesky bed bugs and how to prevent then entering your home.
Bed Bug Treatment Preparation:
One of the most important parts of bed bug control is preparation. To ensure the contents are treated thoroughly and correctly we recommend utilizing our preparation division to perform bed bug treatment preparation in the most effective and efficient way possible.
This service liberates the customer of having to deal with preparing their home, and allows them the peace of mind that comes with Go Bug Free’s services.
Items Completed in a preparation
- All furniture will be moved 2 feet from the baseboards. Floor area of closets will be cleaned out.
- The air conditioning, heat, and fans will be turned off.
- Ensure is clutter free.
- Laundry Service: when a residence has an active infestation, all laundry in the residence should be placed in the dryer to kill any potential bed bugs or eggs.
- Inventory/photo documentation
Allied offers the following additional services with the preparation division:
- Heat Trailer: The heat trailer is used to treat the furniture in the affected rooms.
- Pack-tight system: This is used to treat smaller items, electronics and/or luggage.
- Partial Prep: This is designed to prep the surrounding rooms (non-active) for treatment.
Some of these services are needed in severe cases but in less severe cases utilizing a professional preparation team will help increase the effectiveness of the treatment as well as expedite the job to the “control” status.